On a business trip. Will elaborate in greater detail shortly.
- A First: A Review in the Wall Street Journal
- indieWIRE is rooting for Buddy Holly
- Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well Development Teaser
- Ghost Riders and Vampires
- Balloon Bass and the BOX.
- Earthquake in the Living Room.
- “To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing.”
- What I did on my vacation…
- Standing Around the Locker Room Comparing Sizes
- Bradley Denton
- Caroline Spector
- Deep Genre
- Madeleine E. Robins
- Making Light
- Martha Wells
- No Fear of the Future
- No Feeling of Falling
- Our Theme Song
- Running Air
- Steve at DigitalNoir
- The Erin O’Brien Owner’s Manual for Human Beings
- Viable Paradise
Unless otherwise stated, the material on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.
A public conversation about our worlds.
- Monday: Morgan J. Locke
- Tuesday: Madeleine E. Robins
- Wednesday: Maureen F. McHugh
- Thursday: Bradley Denton
- Friday: Steven Gould
- Saturday: Caroline Spector
- Sunday: Rory Harper
- "Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well on Ganymede" Teaser 1
game of war fire age
- Defending Freedom of Speech Thru Gag Orders or Belief Versus Knowledge 13
Steven Gould, JJM, phm, N.G., Madeleine Robins, persky [...]
- Petrogypsies Reloaded 4
Galane, Steven Gould, Bradley Denton, persky
- A Keyboard For Writers 17
Burmashave, How To Clean A Laptop Keyboard, Rory Harper, zeigerpuppy, Rory Harper, Laer Carroll [...]
- Only Women Bleed 17
Fern, Voney, jess, Joanna, Jesse, SASa [...]
- JUMPER the movie 17
Steven Gould, larry sneed, Jon, Steven Gould, Jeremy, Jay [...]
- The book, the dream, and the trees 15
icdcyzsb, Morgan J. Locke, LDA, LDA, Sean Craven, Morgan J. Locke [...]
- It's Only A Game... 8
Paula Helm Murray, rb, Rory Harper, Caroline Spector, Steven Gould, Maureen McQ [...]
- Rory and I have Stories Coming Out. Bring Brains. 8
Steven Gould, kelly goetzke, Rose VanZandt, Rory, N.G., Steven Gould [...]
- The Bronx is Up, Right? 7
Fred Barney Taylor, Ken Houghton, Bud Simons, Madeleine Robins, Morgan J. Locke, Maureen McQ [...]
- A First: A Review in the Wall Street Journal 2
Steven Gould, Bradley Denton
- Balloon Bass and the BOX. 4
Heather McD., Sean Craven, Sean Craven, James Hollaman
- Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well Development Teaser 3
Sean Craven, Steven Gould, Steven Gould
- What I did on my vacation... 10
Greg McBride, Walter Jon Williams, Rory, Terry, Caroline Spector, Jesse Hawkins [...]
- The Internet Is For . . . Sociopaths 13
Dean Dugen, Judais Harlem, David F. Jackson, Peggy, Rory Harper, Martin Wagner [...]
- Return of the Big Cheese 6
Argon 46, Rory Harper, Paula Helm Murray, Madeleine Robins, Morgan J. Locke, Caroline Spector
- Ghost Riders and Vampires 6
Paul Cooper, Paul Cooper, Rory Harper, James Hollaman, Morgan J. Locke, Laer Carroll
- Lightnin’ Change When Lightnin' Want To Change 12
John Lopez, Ken Graves, Dale Shank, Barbara Roenigk Jenkins, Rory Harper, Don Sanders [...]
- Funny and hot! 4
Morgan J. Locke, Adil Najam, Morgan J. Locke, Allen Varney
- Soylent Green is Angelfood 7
Madeleine Robins, Mel, Ken Houghton, Sean Craven, James Hollaman, Morgan J. Locke [...]
Over at /Film I found out that Jumper the movie has been moved up one day. Instead of “President’s Day Weekend” (the 15th of Feb, 2008) the release date is now the 14th (Valentines Day!) How romantic.
While this hasn’t been changed in the end of the online trailer it has been changed at the official website.
Oh, yeah, and now there’s a poster (as seen at /Film):
Now for the weird stuff.
Read More »
Our Sin today is sloth. Frankly, I thought about putting off this column, but that’s procrastination, and it is not a sin, it’s a vice. Vices are merely hazardous to your health; sins are hazardous to your soul (so: smoking, drinking, unprotected sex are vices; it’s the impulse to smoke, drink, or have unprotected sex that is sinful). Procrastination is often a product of sloth, but it’s sloth itself that we are here to discuss today. So, no more putting it off.
Sloth noun: reluctance to work or make an effort.
That’s a little half-hearted, isn’t it? Sloth isn’t mere indolence or laziness. Sloth is something greater and more sinister: the total disinclination to bestir oneself, even on one’s own account (which makes you not only slothful, but a drag on the people around you who have to pick up the slack). My favorite illustration of Sloth is from Norman Juster’s The Phantom Tollbooth, one of my Holy Texts (see No Religious Training, above). When the hero, Milo, wanders into the Doldrums, he encounters the Lethargarians, who outline their day: Read More »