A GOVERNMENT investigation into a series of unexplained fires in fridges, televisions and mobile phones in an Italian village has concluded that the responsibility lies with “aliens testing secret weapons”.
In scenes similar to the drama series The X-Files, Canneto di Caronia on Sicily was the centre of world attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects – electrical appliances, a pile of wedding presents and furniture – bursting into flames.
Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military experts, arrived in the village, in the north of the island, to investigate. One amazed scientist reported seeing an unplugged electrical cable burst into flames.
Arson was ruled out while locals blamed supernatural forces and the Vatican’s chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth suggested it was Satan’s work.
- A First: A Review in the Wall Street Journal
- indieWIRE is rooting for Buddy Holly
- Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well Development Teaser
- Ghost Riders and Vampires
- Balloon Bass and the BOX.
- Earthquake in the Living Room.
- “To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing.”
- What I did on my vacation…
- Standing Around the Locker Room Comparing Sizes
- Bradley Denton
- Caroline Spector
- Deep Genre
- Madeleine E. Robins
- Making Light
- Martha Wells
- No Fear of the Future
- No Feeling of Falling
- Our Theme Song
- Running Air
- Steve at DigitalNoir
- The Erin O’Brien Owner’s Manual for Human Beings
- Viable Paradise
Unless otherwise stated, the material on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.
A public conversation about our worlds.
- Monday: Morgan J. Locke
- Tuesday: Madeleine E. Robins
- Wednesday: Maureen F. McHugh
- Thursday: Bradley Denton
- Friday: Steven Gould
- Saturday: Caroline Spector
- Sunday: Rory Harper
- Defending Freedom of Speech Thru Gag Orders or Belief Versus Knowledge 13
Steven Gould, JJM, phm, N.G., Madeleine Robins, persky [...]
- Petrogypsies Reloaded 4
Galane, Steven Gould, Bradley Denton, persky
- A Keyboard For Writers 17
Burmashave, How To Clean A Laptop Keyboard, Rory Harper, zeigerpuppy, Rory Harper, Laer Carroll [...]
- Only Women Bleed 17
Fern, Voney, jess, Joanna, Jesse, SASa [...]
- JUMPER the movie 17
Steven Gould, larry sneed, Jon, Steven Gould, Jeremy, Jay [...]
- The book, the dream, and the trees 15
icdcyzsb, Morgan J. Locke, LDA, LDA, Sean Craven, Morgan J. Locke [...]
- It's Only A Game... 8
Paula Helm Murray, rb, Rory Harper, Caroline Spector, Steven Gould, Maureen McQ [...]
- Rory and I have Stories Coming Out. Bring Brains. 8
Steven Gould, kelly goetzke, Rose VanZandt, Rory, N.G., Steven Gould [...]
- The Bronx is Up, Right? 7
Fred Barney Taylor, Ken Houghton, Bud Simons, Madeleine Robins, Morgan J. Locke, Maureen McQ [...]
- A First: A Review in the Wall Street Journal 2
Steven Gould, Bradley Denton
- Balloon Bass and the BOX. 4
Heather McD., Sean Craven, Sean Craven, James Hollaman
- Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well Development Teaser 3
Sean Craven, Steven Gould, Steven Gould
- What I did on my vacation... 10
Greg McBride, Walter Jon Williams, Rory, Terry, Caroline Spector, Jesse Hawkins [...]
- The Internet Is For . . . Sociopaths 13
Dean Dugen, Judais Harlem, David F. Jackson, Peggy, Rory Harper, Martin Wagner [...]
- Return of the Big Cheese 6
Argon 46, Rory Harper, Paula Helm Murray, Madeleine Robins, Morgan J. Locke, Caroline Spector
- Ghost Riders and Vampires 6
Paul Cooper, Paul Cooper, Rory Harper, James Hollaman, Morgan J. Locke, Laer Carroll
- Lightnin’ Change When Lightnin' Want To Change 12
John Lopez, Ken Graves, Dale Shank, Barbara Roenigk Jenkins, Rory Harper, Don Sanders [...]
- Funny and hot! 4
Morgan J. Locke, Adil Najam, Morgan J. Locke, Allen Varney
- Soylent Green is Angelfood 7
Madeleine Robins, Mel, Ken Houghton, Sean Craven, James Hollaman, Morgan J. Locke [...]
- On Dumbledore and the Sexuality of Wizards 18
reader, Steven Gould, Steven Gould, Madeleine Robins, Madeleine Robins, TomB [...]
So, next time Brad needs to do some home repairs he should get this guy to help.
(My Dad, a big fan of “Ask Mr. Helpful Guy” sent this to me as a Windows Media File but I found it up on YouTube, hooray!) I bet this guy would be great against zombies!