- A First: A Review in the Wall Street Journal
- indieWIRE is rooting for Buddy Holly
- Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well Development Teaser
- Ghost Riders and Vampires
- Balloon Bass and the BOX.
- Earthquake in the Living Room.
- “To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing.”
- What I did on my vacation…
- Standing Around the Locker Room Comparing Sizes
- Bradley Denton
- Caroline Spector
- Deep Genre
- Madeleine E. Robins
- Making Light
- Martha Wells
- No Fear of the Future
- No Feeling of Falling
- Our Theme Song
- Running Air
- Steve at DigitalNoir
- The Erin O’Brien Owner’s Manual for Human Beings
- Viable Paradise
Unless otherwise stated, the material on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.
A public conversation about our worlds.
- Monday: Morgan J. Locke
- Tuesday: Madeleine E. Robins
- Wednesday: Maureen F. McHugh
- Thursday: Bradley Denton
- Friday: Steven Gould
- Saturday: Caroline Spector
- Sunday: Rory Harper
- "Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well on Ganymede" Teaser 1
game of war fire age
- Defending Freedom of Speech Thru Gag Orders or Belief Versus Knowledge 13
Steven Gould, JJM, phm, N.G., Madeleine Robins, persky [...]
- Petrogypsies Reloaded 4
Galane, Steven Gould, Bradley Denton, persky
- A Keyboard For Writers 17
Burmashave, How To Clean A Laptop Keyboard, Rory Harper, zeigerpuppy, Rory Harper, Laer Carroll [...]
- Only Women Bleed 17
Fern, Voney, jess, Joanna, Jesse, SASa [...]
- JUMPER the movie 17
Steven Gould, larry sneed, Jon, Steven Gould, Jeremy, Jay [...]
- The book, the dream, and the trees 15
icdcyzsb, Morgan J. Locke, LDA, LDA, Sean Craven, Morgan J. Locke [...]
- It's Only A Game... 8
Paula Helm Murray, rb, Rory Harper, Caroline Spector, Steven Gould, Maureen McQ [...]
- Rory and I have Stories Coming Out. Bring Brains. 8
Steven Gould, kelly goetzke, Rose VanZandt, Rory, N.G., Steven Gould [...]
- The Bronx is Up, Right? 7
Fred Barney Taylor, Ken Houghton, Bud Simons, Madeleine Robins, Morgan J. Locke, Maureen McQ [...]
- A First: A Review in the Wall Street Journal 2
Steven Gould, Bradley Denton
- Balloon Bass and the BOX. 4
Heather McD., Sean Craven, Sean Craven, James Hollaman
- Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well Development Teaser 3
Sean Craven, Steven Gould, Steven Gould
- What I did on my vacation... 10
Greg McBride, Walter Jon Williams, Rory, Terry, Caroline Spector, Jesse Hawkins [...]
- The Internet Is For . . . Sociopaths 13
Dean Dugen, Judais Harlem, David F. Jackson, Peggy, Rory Harper, Martin Wagner [...]
- Return of the Big Cheese 6
Argon 46, Rory Harper, Paula Helm Murray, Madeleine Robins, Morgan J. Locke, Caroline Spector
- Ghost Riders and Vampires 6
Paul Cooper, Paul Cooper, Rory Harper, James Hollaman, Morgan J. Locke, Laer Carroll
- Lightnin’ Change When Lightnin' Want To Change 12
John Lopez, Ken Graves, Dale Shank, Barbara Roenigk Jenkins, Rory Harper, Don Sanders [...]
- Funny and hot! 4
Morgan J. Locke, Adil Najam, Morgan J. Locke, Allen Varney
- Soylent Green is Angelfood 7
Madeleine Robins, Mel, Ken Houghton, Sean Craven, James Hollaman, Morgan J. Locke [...]
I was brought up in a Barn. No, really. Ask Stevie, who has stayed there. When I was a small kid, my parents bought a farm in southeast Massachusetts: 180 acres, double barn, butt-ugly Victorian farmhouse, half a dozen out-buildings. This became my father’s biggest art project: turning a working barn into a house, working mostly on weekends and in the summer. The outbuildings went away; the farmhouse was given to a guy who agreed to move it–and when he failed to, the local fire department used it for practice burns. It took twenty years, but it became House Beautiful.
Of course, it’s an eccentric House Beautiful: the ceilings in the hall and livingroom are 45 feet high; there’s a (now rather ancient) trapeze in the front hallway; the slate floor in the kitchen was put down after the pipes burst, flooding a new floor made up of small wooden blocks which then warped and buckled–all 40,000 of them (my father, looking at satisfaction at the slate we had just put down, wiped his hands and said “Well, water isn’t going to fucking warp this“); the bench seats in the small TV room and the kitchen were taken from the IBM pavillion at the 1964 World’s Fair. My father’s design studio is in the basement. It’s not your 3 bedroom colonial, by a long-shot.
Okay, so I was reading on Booman Tribune this morning and they had a link to this. Like Booman, I think this may be the best YouTube video this year. It has some strong language in it, so may not be entirely safe for work.
I haven’t yet had the time to surf The Bastard Fairies site, but it looks like they have at least one album free for download.
David Moldawer is an editor at St. Martin’s who podcasts. He’s one of the three Kickass Mystic Ninjas who reviewed my novel Jumper last month but he also does this thing which used to be called The Morning Brew but (cause it turns out there was an older podcast of that name already) is now called Moldawer In the Morning.
He had me on.
The format of his show involves taking three current eventoids from pop culture, technology, or politics and discussing them with a guest. Hell, often just making up things about them. It’s sort of “The View” only without any fact checking. Or facts. Seventeen minutes. Cockfighting, Baby Spas, and Dieting Mistakes. Podcast here.
Painting by artist Samantha Hahn,
a frequent guest on the show.